We absolutely love sharing what we love to do with as many people as possible and it is our mission to make dance accessible to all! We are often hired for an array of opportunities and for a variety of audiences, ranging from teaching one-on-one private lessons to performing for thousands in packed theaters. Our motto? We’ll make you love dancing as much as we do.
We further share our artistry by performing, instructing, and choreographing in New York City, the greater U.S. and abroad. Whether we’re performing authentic 1920’s-1950’s, teaching students of all ages, or choreographing and coaching choreography for social events or theatrical performances, we love what we do, and we want to share that love with you.
Below you will find a list of services we’d love to offer you.
Contact us for your upcoming event:
>> 1920’s – 1950’s Performances
Our services range from, but are not limited to:
- Social dancing (Lindy Hop/Swing, Charleston, and other ballroom forms) to a live band or DJ
- Interacting and dancing with guests
- Providing atmosphere to your themed event
- Teaching a dance lesson to the attendees
- Performing choreographed routines
- We are also a part of a few dance companies specializing in the dances of the 1920’s-1950’s if more than one couple is desired.
- Roaring 20’s Parties
- Private Parties
- Corproate Events
- Holiday Parties
- Galas and Benefits
- Restaurant Entertainment
- Jazz Clubs
- Theatrical Showcases
“Whether on the stage or the dance floor, Samantha and Brian are an incredible force of seemingly effortless grace and vitality. They will quite literally sweep any audience away, as they are also experts at teaching vintage dances and love to engage a crowd. I book them for my events at every opportunity and their performance is always exceptional.”
>> Swing and Ballroom Instruction
It is never too late to learn how to dance! From elementary school camps, high school residencies, college student club workshops, to adults of all ages, ANYONE can partner dance and we are more than thrilled to spread the contagious bug of dancing in rhythm to the music!
Not only are we available in our hometown of New York City, we are happy to travel around the world! From California, to Maine, to across the sea in London, we have taught beginners and seasoned veteran dancers alike.
- Private and group lessons in Swing and all the Ballroom forms (Foxtrot, Waltz, Salsa, Rumba, Cha Cha, etc.)
- Private group lessons for you and your friends or company
- Introductory lessons at parties and events
- University teaching
- High school residencies
- Arts camps workshops
- National and international swing dance workshops
To view our Intro to Ballroom video series for About.com, click here.
“Samantha and Brian provide the clarity of instruction and rare individual attention that make for a fantastic learning experience. [Swing/Lindy Hop] classes with Samantha and Brian consistently rank the top in my book.”
-David Jakim, Student of Samantha and Brian’s Weekly Thursday Group Classes
“Samantha and Brian’s social dance workshop left my high school students excited to show off their new moves in the weeks that followed. Throughout the lesson, Samantha and Brian broke each step down to the basics, were always patient and positive, and even threw in some dance history along the way.”
-Stephanie Martinez, Art U! Coordinator, Sing for Hope
>> Weddings and First Dances
Every first dance should be unique. We can offer you:
- Creative ways to dance together more elegantly and impressively than just “swaying”
- The opportunity to learn a new partnered style of dance: Swing, Foxtrot, Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha Cha, and/or American Tango!
- A choreographed first dance routine
…and anything you dream of in between!
On the big day itself we are available for:
- Social dancing to recorded or live music
- Dancing with, and encouraging guests to dance
- Choreographed performances. We have talented dance colleagues we can contact if more than one couple is desired for performance.
“Thank you for making us love dancing as much as you do!”
– Ted and Diana Clement, newlyweds
We regularly choreograph our own partnered routines, hold a seasonal student swing dance performance class, and also contribute choreography to companies we perform with. Beyond that we are available to choreograph for a wide variety of shows and performances, which in the past have included productions such as choreographing swing sections for the 2012 Miss California Pageant.
>> To view videos of our choreographed work, click here.
“Working with Brian has been a great experience; his choreography is so fun and creative, and he even found a way to work around the fact that we only had one leader. The routine turned out fantastic! We had such a good time working on it, and the audience loved it! As a former NYU Swing Society President, his knowledge and experience was also invaluable to me in planning the NYU Intercollegiate Swing Exchange (NISE) this year.”
– Zoe Slemmons, President of the NYU Swing Dance Society 2013-2014.
Click here to see the video.
>> Directing and Coaching
Often we are called in for coaching and consulting to assist others in the creation of their work to be the best it can be. This includes:
- Evaluating authenticity of swing and partnered dance styles
- Advising on choreography composition
- Coaching aerial work (partners lifts)
- Collaborating on creating a fusion of styles with partnered dance in a theater context
We also are the directors of the Broadway show SWING! for Norwegian Cruise Line, teaching and installing the show on the Norwegian Gem twice a year.
“Brian’s coaching and consultation helped my dancers immeasurably as they tackled my tap choreography that incorporated elements of Lindy Hop. He is professional, highly knowledgable, and dedicated to his craft– a true pleasure!”
– Caleb Teicher, professional dancer and
New York Dance and Performance (“Bessies”) Awards Winner
Click here for the video.